This article shows how to install aerial photos that have been purchased and installed initially in Quickmap V7 which you now want to upgrade to a Quickmap V8 install.
Firstly to determine exactly which extra files you require when upgrading your V7 aerials to run in your V8 software.
- Locate and take a screen shot of your aerial Air Photo (Image) folder. To find this, load Quickmap and select About Quickmap from the Help menu. The location of the Image (Air Photo) folder will be listed here.
- Send this screen shot to us at firstname.lastname@example.org This is help us determine which link we need to send you.
Once you have received the link, run this, unzip and copy the extra 6 files into your Air Photo folder. Then run the copied V8_ExpansionSetup.exe to install the aerials into your Quickmap V8.
If you are installing Aerial Photos to a standalone computer (not a network install), run V8_ExpansionSetup.exe from within the shared Air Photo folder. Otherwise, if you are installing Aerial Photos to a network location to share with other computers, you’ll need to share the Air Photo folder then run V8_ExpansionSetup.exe on each client computer. To do this:
- Right click on the Photo folder and click Properties
- Click on the Sharing tab, then click the Advanced Sharing button (you may be prompted to enter Administrator credentials)
❗ Make note of the Share name in the box – you’ll use that in Step 8
- Tick Share this folder, and then click the Permissions button
- Select the Everyone group and tick the Full Control tickbox that’s under the Allow column. This will give everyone share access (we’ll give you the opportunity in Step 6 to lock this down later in this tutorial)
- Click OK, then OK to take you back to the first window
- (Optional) Click on the Security tab and set up any necessary permissions
- Now the folder is shared, you’ll need to log onto any computer(s) you wish to use the Aerial Photos on, and run V8_ExpansionSetup.exe from within the shared Air Photo folder (which can be found by typing \\ComputerName\SharedName\
❗ If you get an error when you run V8_ExpansionSetup.exe, contact Quickmap for a new product key.