Happy New Year. We hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing Christmas break.
The latest Quickmap Version 8.3.7307 is freely available for download from http://downloads.quickmap.co.nz/URLDownloadHost/downloads/QmapV8_software
Quickmap Version 8.3 provides these enhancements:
- Free downloads are available by selecting downloads from the tools menu in Quickmap. This allows downloading additional layers to Quickmap that include:
- Building outlines – Current outlines of buildings captured from the latest aerial imagery. This layer is a must for most property professionals, and helps identify encroachment, as well as provide a sanity check on building floor area.
- Council Zones – Council district plan zones for Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. Quickmap’s GIS functionality will allow you to search for properties based on zone, parcel size, ownership and other details. The zone layers will be particularly useful for prospecting purposes when you are searching for properties to develop or purchase within a given zone.
- Land Use – Land Use Classifications based on the NZ Land Resource Inventory which details information such as soil physical or chemical properties, erosion, arability and other land use classifications. These new Quickmap layers will be particularly useful for Rural Valuers when evaluating the potential farm productivity and therefore its potential value.
- SQL Server enhancement – Quickmap Version 8.3 supports adding layers connected to SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL and many other data sources. Version 8.3 now allows searching on features connected to a SQL Server database.
- Bug fixes – Quickmap Version 8.3 includes a number of minor bug fixes.
See what’s new in Quickmap version 8 for details of all enhancements.